Glenwood Radiology Terms of Website Use
Whether as a guest or a registered user, this page (together with the documents referred to on it) provides the terms pursuant to which you may make use of any of the following websites (collectively, the “Sites”): www.glenwoodradiology.com
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.glenwoodradiology.com is a Site operated by Glenwood Radiology.
2. ACCESSING THE SITES
Access to the Sites is permitted on a temporary basis, and Glenwood Radiology reserves the right to withdraw or amend the information and services it provides on the Sites without notice (see below). Glenwood Radiology will not be liable if, for any reason, the Sites are unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, Glenwood Radiology may restrict access to entire Sites or to some parts of them, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Sites. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Sites through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Glenwood Radiology is the owner or the licensee of any and all trademarks, logos, service marks or other intellectual property (collectively, the “IP”) contained in, or displayed on, the Sites and the material published on them. The IP is protected by copyright and other laws and treaties around the world and you are prohibited from using the IP for any purpose including, but not limited to, use as metatags on other pages or sites on the World Wide Web without our written permission or such third party which may own the IP. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Sites for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to material posted on the Sites. You are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any of the IP for any purpose, whether in paper or digital format, except as otherwise explicitly permitted hereunder, provided that you are prohibited from using any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. In all cases, Glenwood Radiology’s status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on the Sites must always be acknowledged.
4. RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
All commentary and other materials posted on the sites are provided by us are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind either express or implied including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement or accuracy. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of such commentary, materials or any opinions, advice, or statements contained on the sites, or the capabilities or reliability of any product or service referred to, discussed or provided by us. Under no circumstances will we, our affiliates, agents, shareholders and/or directors (Glenwood Radiology) be liable for any loss or damage caused by a reliance on information obtained through the sites or a linked site, or reliance on any commentary, opinions, advice, statements, products or services obtained from us.
5. THE SITES CHANGES REGULARLY
Glenwood Radiology aims to update the Sites regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, Glenwood Radiology may suspend access to the Sites, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the Sites may be out of date at any given time, and Glenwood Radiology is under no obligation to update such material.
6. OUR LIABILITY
YOU AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS PROFITS, WORK STOPPAGE, DATA LOSS, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE GLENWOOD RADIOLOGY GROUP HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES AND OTHER TERMS WHICH MIGHT OTHERWISE BE IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR THE LAW OF EQUITY.
7. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO THE SITES
8. LINKING TO THE SITES
You may link to Glenwood Radiology’s home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage Glenwood Radiology’s reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on Glenwood Radiology’s part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
The Sites must not be framed on any other Sites, nor may you create a link to any part of the Sites other than the home page. Glenwood Radiology reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of material on the Sites other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
9. LINKS FROM THE SITES
Where the Sites contain links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Glenwood Radiology has no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them and Glenwood Radiology makes no representations or warranties or endorsements in respect of the information, products or services presented in any third party resources or websites.
10. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The Sites are operated and controlled by Glenwood Radiology from our offices located within the Province of Alberta, but can be accessed from jurisdictions whose laws may differ from those of the Province of Alberta. By accessing the Sites, you agree that the laws of the Province of Alberta and the laws of Canada applicable therein shall govern as to the interpretation, validity and effect of these Terms of Website Use notwithstanding any conflict of laws provisions or your domicile, residence or physical location. You agree that if you access the Sites outside of the Province of Alberta, you are responsible for compliance with local laws. You consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta in any action or proceeding instituted under or related to these Terms of Website (including, but not limited to, a breach thereof), your use of the Sites, and/or any other proceeding involving us, either directly or indirectly.
12. CONSENT TO USE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
The Physician will use reasonable means to protect the security and confidentiality of information sent and received using electronic communications. However, because of the risks outlined below, the Physician cannot guarantee the security and confidentiality of electronic communications:
- Use of electronic communications to discuss sensitive information can increase the risk of such information being disclosed to third parties.
- Despite reasonable efforts to protect the privacy and security of electronic communication, it is not possible to completely secure the information.
- Employers and online services may have a legal right to inspect and keep electronic communications that pass through their system.
- Electronic communications can introduce malware into a computer system, and potentially damage or disrupt the computer, networks, and security settings.
- Electronic communications can be forwarded, intercepted, circulated, stored, or even changed without the knowledge or permission of the Physician or the patient.
- Even after the sender and recipient have deleted copies of electronic communications, back-up copies may exist on a computer system.
- Electronic communications may be disclosed in accordance with a duty to report or a court order.
- Videoconferencing using services such as but not limited to Skype or FaceTime may be more open to interception than other forms of videoconferencing.
If email or text messaging is used as an e-communication tool, the following are additional risks:
- Email, text messages, and instant messages can more easily be misdirected, resulting in increased risk of being received by unintended and unknown recipients.
- Email, text messages, and instant messages can be easier to falsify than handwritten or signed hard copies. It is not feasible to verify the true identity of the sender, or to ensure that only the recipient can read the message once it has been sent.
Conditions of using the Services
- While the Physician will attempt to review and respond in a timely fashion to your electronic communication, the Physician cannot guarantee that all electronic communications will be reviewed and responded to within any specific period of time. The Services will not be used for medical emergencies or other time-sensitive matters.
- If your electronic communication requires or invites a response from the Physician and you have not received a response within a reasonable time period, it is your responsibility to follow up to determine whether the intended recipient received the electronic communication and when the recipient will respond.
- Electronic communication is not an appropriate substitute for in-person or over-the-telephone communication or clinical examinations, where appropriate, or for attending the Emergency Department when needed. You are responsible for following up on the Physician’s electronic communication and for scheduling appointments where warranted.
- Electronic communications concerning diagnosis or treatment may be printed or transcribed in full and made part of your medical record. Other individuals authorized to access the medical record, such as staff and billing personnel, may have access to those communications.
- The Physician may forward electronic communications to staff and those involved in the delivery and administration of your care. The Physician might use one or more of the Services to communicate with those involved in your care. The Physician will not forward electronic communications to third parties, including family members, without your prior written consent, except as authorized or required by law.
- You agree to inform the Physician of any types of information you do not want sent via the Services, in addition to those set out above. You can add to or modify the above list at any time by notifying the Physician in writing.
- Some Services might not be used for therapeutic purposes or to communicate clinical information. Where applicable, the use of these Services will be limited to education, information, and administrative purposes.
- The Physician is not responsible for information loss due to technical failures associated with your software or internet service provider.